Rhombus Guys, the best pizza place in Grand Forks, recently held a fan-picked pizza contest with some unique selections. The winning pie was the one that was ordered the most.
The fan pizzas were:
• Hale Storm – Garlic alfredo, mozzarella, feta, bacon, shrimp, artichoke and jalapeno peppers.
• Vanderbilt – Garlic alfredo, spinach, chicken, bacon, onion, tomato, mushroom, cream cheese, feta and mozzarella.
• Alley Cat – Spicy marinara, mozzarella, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, pineapple and jalapeno peppers.
• Bloody Bluey (Bloody Mary Pizza) – Seasoned marinara (tobasco, Worcestershire, celery salt, lemon pepper), mozzarella, pepperoni, bacon, green olives and pickles.
• The Conrad – Marinara, mozzarella, provolone, pepperoni, chicken, steak, bacon, red peppers and cilantro.
• Yoshi’s Island – Honey BBQ sauce, mozzarella, pulled pork, chicken, bacon, onion, black olives, mushroom, pineapple and jalapeno peppers.
• The Doc – Chipotle marinara, mozzarella, shrimp, caramelized onions, tomato, cilantro and sour cream drizzle.
• Italian Stallion – Marinara, Italian sausage, capers, anchovies, red pepper flakes, garlic, kalamata olives and parsley.
• Cabo Chili Pizza – Marinara, Cajun seasoning, beef, sausage, red onion, red pepper, tomato, jalapeno peppers, kidney beans, tortilla chips, mozzarella, cheddar and sour cream.
I was at Rhombus a week ago and was able to try the Vanderbilt and the Conrad. They were both delicious, but I thought the cilantro on the Conrad was a weird taste, but I’m not a huge fan of cilantro anyhow.
So, to get to the point, the winner of the pizza contest was Yoshi’s Island!
There’s also a new pizza of the month, the Steak and Eggs Breakfast Pizza.